Since you’re new here, and — frankly, so am I — I figured an introduction was in order. So, without further ado, I’m Katie B, or “Beee” since an over-abundance of e’s never killed anyone. I’m terrible with formal introductions, so here are a few things you should probably know to get a better sense of the person I am:
- I enjoy being around people — to an extent. As much as I love interacting with people, I find it exhausting. My energy comes from investing in myself and taking time away.
- Once upon a time, I was far from popular and was rarely invited to hang out with classmates, because of this I still have a hard time turning down invitations for fear that I won’t receive another the next time around.
- I become attached quite quickly and have a hard time letting go. I’m greedy and selfish in this respect.
- I have a great deal of day-to-day patience, but when it comes to the timeline of my own personal accomplishments and advancements, I’m an impatient pain in the ass.
- I work hard because I know I have to, but there is hardly a day that goes by that I don’t imagine packing up my car and leaving.
- Sometimes, I wonder where I’d be today if I could just passively float, if I wasn’t so damned stubborn and set on carrying out the (sometimes crazy) decisions I make.
- I wish I could fly, not quickly, but in more of a slow glide.
- I used to have recurring and vivid dreams when I was a kid. I rarely, if ever, remember dreaming anymore.
- The times I feel most whole, most in tune with myself are when I’m fully submerged in a pool/river/lake and the world fades away and I’m left alone with my thoughts.
- I love small spaces and the feeling of having a fort or a private little hideaway. I’d love to build and live in a 10′ x 10′ house soon, before kids and life cause a need for more space.
- I love to write and have shared some of the things I’ve come up with, but 99% of what I’ve written has stayed private — until now.
- I don’t have any fears or phobias, but the things that really scare me are the what ifs and uncertainties.
- I think too much. Way too much. But I wouldn’t have it any other way.
This is where I intend to put down the thoughts that overtake my mind. Stay close as I rummage around among these pesky thoughts?